Buy now

São Luiz Winemaker’s Collection Tinto Cão 2021 Rose

  • VineGrapes from the subregion of Cima Corgo

  • SoilSchistose

  • Height400 metres

  • Grape Varieties100% Tinto Cão

  • Wine MakerRicardo Macedo

São Luiz Winemaker’s Collection Tinto Cão 2021 Rose

Technical Details

  • Alcohol 12,5%
  • pH 3,37
  • Total Acidity 6,1 g/dm3
  • Reducing Sugars 0,6 g/dm3
Technical Sheet

Crafting  wine  experiences

Since  1638

UNIQUE WINES WITH THE HOUSE OF KOPKE SEAL OF QUALITY

Winemaker’s Collection is the unique collection of limited edition DOC Douro wines: red,white and rosé – in numbered bottles and signed bottles by our winemaker RicardoMacedo. The grape variety Tinto Cão was selected for this Reserva Rosé. It is one of the mostsingular varieties of the Douro, with its small bunches and densely skinned berries. With its engaging acidity and smooth, robust tannins, this variety conveys good ageing potential, endurance and freshness. An elegant, broad and complex rosé, which has aged in the cellars of Quinta de S. Luiz. A numbered edition of 7,450 bottles that come in two sizes. Bottles numbered 1 to 7,100 are 750ml. Bottles numbered 7,101 to 7,450 are 1500ml.

The wine should be stored in a cool and dry place, sheltered from light and temperature fluctuations. The bottle should remain in a horizontal position.

  • VINIFICATION AND AGEING FIND MORE ABOUT THE PROCESS
  • TASTING NOTES THE WINE DNA
  • PAIRING HOW TO SERVE IT
  • Produced in the Cima Corgo subregion, the Tinto Cão grapes were harvested by hand during the last week of August of 2021 and then moved to the winery of Quinta de S. Luiz in small crates to ensure they arrived in perfect health and ripeness. To avoid extracting colour, we lightly pressed the wholes bunches that had been previously selected on the sorting tables. Afterwards, 80% of the lot fermented in stainless-steel vats at a controlled temperature between 10-14ºC, while the remaining 20% fermented in used oak barrels. Following the alcoholic fermentation, the wine aged for six months in stainless steel barrels with weekly bâtonnage.

  • Salmon pink in colour, this wine exhibits aromas of fresh redcurrant and pomegranate and floral notes. The palate makes a good impression for its texture, silkiness and elegance, with subtle notes of smoke enhancing its complexity. Its freshness lingers throughout the tasting – a delight to the senses. With a fresh and long finish, it invites reflection. An excellent wine to accompany a meal, but also great to have it on its own.

  • Serve at a temperature between 12 and 14°C. Perfect with seafood dishes (both shellfish and fish), white meat and medium strength cheese.

Keep scrolling to see the next Douro Doc Wines

Touch to see the next bottle

Quinta de São Luiz Douro DOC Vinha Rumilã 2016